Sunday, December 2, 2018

Godox TT350S

I've been looking for a while for a solid small flash to add to my arsenal. After a few years of just using OCF (Off Camera Flash - radio controlled). I felt I needed some on-camera flash to supplement my OCF flashes like the AD200 with some light bouncing from the ceiling onto people's faces.
I tried using My TT865s but it was too bulky and heavy for my style, especially when turning my A99ii sideways for vertical photos. Yes, I know some people have very large Canon/Nikon cameras with big flashes mounted, but I like to be very agile and flexible, especially in crowded events.
Once I got the TT350S I actually fell in love with it. It's nice to only have to use two AAs, and it's light weight makes it perfect to mount anywhere, to put in my pockets, and to give it to people to hold.


Here it is mounted on a railing above to provide a bit more subtle light.

 Here it is fist bumping the AD200 for a new style of photos I'm trying out, developed out of my Heroines of Light project.




And here is held in a demonstration/vigil in the Oregon Zoo.


It just shows how versatile that small flash is, and surprisingly enough unlike many other small to medium flashes it also tilts to the side in case you want to bounce some light from the wall, which surely will be useful once weddings season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment