Thursday, September 2, 2021

Next Camera Update

 I've been really close to actually already buying the Sony A1. Saw one for a good price on ebay and almost went for it. That said, I am pretty glad that I didn't. 

Even though on paper it's almost the perfect camera, there are thing on the A1 I simply don't need. I don't really 20-30fps since I don't really shoot sports, and I don't need 8K. If I do ever need that, I could rent whatever camera Sony comes up with in the future. So had I bought it I would own an overly expensive camera with features I don't need. To be honest, I don't even need the 42MP I have right now on the A99ii and definitely not more MP. Few of my clients do large prints anymore and most just view photos on social media. I do enjoy making stitched photos with higher resolution, but any current camera would do for that. 

So here we are thinking about getting the upcoming Sony A7IV when it comes out in a month or so.  I already saved enough money to get it, and already purchased the LE-AE5 to be able to mount my current A mount lenses. With the much lower price I can start thinking of getting some e-mount lenses with it to replace some my current aging lenses.

So now my plan it to find a used Sony A7IV. Hopefully, someone will buy it to review and then decide to sell it soon so I'll be able to find one used soon after launch.

Once that's done, I'll close this blog and open a new one, or perhaps rename this blog, we'll see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment